CURBSIDE SERVICE AVAILABLE!
The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library will offer curbside service at the Main Library beginning Tuesday, May 12. Patrons are invited to call the library at 419-422-1712 Monday thru Saturday, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to make a reservation for curbside service. Staff will be available to answer your calls starting Monday, May 4.
Curbside service will be offered at the Arlington Branch Monday, Wednesday and Friday between be 1 p.m. and 4 p.m, starting Wednesday, May 13. Patrons may call the Arlington Branch at 419-365-5755 to make a reservation for curbside service at the Arlington Branch. Additionally, the book drops at both locations will be unlocked starting on Monday, May 4.
Patrons will be able to use curbside service to pick up their holds as they become available. Not exactly sure what you want? That’s ok. We can provide a stack of pictures books to freshen up your child’s story time cache, some recommended reads based on your favorite book or some new movies or music in your favorite genre.
The library will be following the latest guidelines available regarding safe handling of library material. Those currently includes a 72-hour quarantine on returned material, based on recommendations from the CDC and Hancock Public Health. Please expect a short delay on these returned items being cleared from your library account. The library continues to be fine free for overdue materials.
Additional in person library services will return as appropriate based on guidelines from the Ohio Department of Health and Hancock Public Health. Virtual services, including virtual programming and virtual chat services will continue at this time. Digital materials are always available from the Ohio Digital Library, hoopla, and many great databases on www.findlaylibrary.org.
FAQ'S ON TEMPORARY CLOSURE
1. What will happen to my holds? You can now call 419-422-1712 to make a curbside reservation to pick up your holds.
2. Can I get items from other libraries? The delivery system is currently still closed. However, any items checked in at the Main Library, Arlington Branch, or Bookmobile are available for our patrons to request.
3. What do I do with items that are due while the library is closed? The book drop is now open!
4. Can I still borrow online materials? Yes! We encourage patrons to check out our eMedia, and online Reference collection.
5. I don't have a library card...can I borrow online materials without one? You cannot borrow materials without a card, but while we are closed, we are able to create digital access cards for individuals who don't currently have a regular library card. Please click here to request a digital library card. We are responding as quickly as possible to requests.
6. When can I come into the library? We are working to make it safe for patrons and staff, making certain we are within the safety guidelines from the State of Ohio, The Ohio Library Council, Hancock Public Health and the CDC.
7. What if I have other questions? Please follow us on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram. You can also catch us on live chat, or click here to get our Adult Reference Department, fill out the reference form and we'll get back to you soon.
STATE OF OHIO INFORMATION
GUIDE TO CHILDREN'S RESOURCES
Click here for resources related to the Coronavirus for kids
Click here for some family-friendly virtual exhibits for Online learning and fun
Click here for Educational resources for at-home learning
Click here for Virtual Storytime
GUIDE TO ONLINE RESOURCES
New to the library's online collection?