How Do I Register My Child/Children?
1. Register your child at the library (either in Findlay, Arlington, or the Bookmobile). You will receive a record sheet for your first 100 titles.
2. Record the titles of the books you read.
3. When the record is full, bring it to the library.
4. Pick up the next record sheet and have your child choose a prize from our prize box.
5. When you reach 1,000 books, there is a special gift and certificate!
The concept is simple, the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes you can repeat books) before your precious one starts kindergarten. Does it sound hard? Not really if you think about it. If you read just 1 book a night, you will have read about 365 books in a year. That is 730 books in two years and 1,095 books in three years. If you consider that most children start kindergarten at around 5 years of age, you have more time than you think (so get started). Need more information? Click here to go to the website!
The key is perseverance. Make it exciting. When your child reaches a milestone, give him/her a small reward (stickers, backpacks, books). Most local programs already have a reward system built into place. If a program is not available where you live, join our program today. Most of all be creative!
Make a record of what you are reading in a spiral notebook, online, or by whatever method you want. The journal itself will make a great keepsake item for your precious child. If you are able to, make sure to keep a record of any book that is being read to your child. This includes teachers and siblings.