Friends of the Library Book Sale
The Friends of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library will be holding a book sale on Friday, November 3 from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, November 4 from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. in the Lindamood Room and the Blanchard Room at the library.
Books, CDs and DVDs that have been donated or withdrawn from the library’s collection are given a new life by the Friends as a result of their book sales. With reduced prices on books, music and movies, the sales are a bargain hunter’s dream.
The Friends help promote and support the library, present special programs, and encourage reading and use of the library. They are volunteers who also raise funds for the library mainly through sales of donated books and other materials.
For more information, visit the Book Cellar, the Friends on the Library used book store on the ground level at the library or call them at 419-434-1044.
Friends of the Library General Meeting
The Friends of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library have scheduled a General Meeting on November 16, 2023 at 6:oo PM in the Lindamood Room at the library. For more information, please contact the Friends at 419-434-1044.
Friends of the Library Book Cellar
The Book Cellar is the Friends of the Library's used book store located in the ground floor of the library.
Shoppers can find incredible bargains on books, DVDs, CDs and more. You can also join the Friends of the Library and get even more special deals!
Book Cellar Hours
Monday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
For questions, please contact the Book Cellar at 419-434-1044.
Who Are The Friends?
- The Friends of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library is a volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the library and its relationship with the community.
- The Friends are enthusiastic supports united by a common concern for the well-being of the library.
- As a Friend, your membership dues enable special library programs to continue and expand. The Friends also welcome bequests for the enhancement of the library.
- Donations are also welcome to the Friends of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library Fund at the Community Foundation.
What Do The Friends Do?
- The Friends help promote the library, develop activities, present special programs, and encourage reading and use of the library.
- The Friends sponsor special library programs as well as staff development and staff recognition.
- The Friends raise funds through memberships, gifts, and sales in the Book Cellar, the Friends used bookstore.
- The Friends manage and staff the Book Cellar, located on the lower level of the library.
- The Friends conduct used books sales in the spring and fall.
- The Friends meet three times each year: February, (annual meeting) May and September. We encourage your attendance at these meetings to enjoy interesting presentations, share ideas, volunteer for programs, and keep up-to-date on library activities.
Join The Friends Of The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
- Members get ½ off every Monday in the Book Cellar.
- Your contribution not only benefits the library but also your community.
- You will be given advance notice of upcoming Friends events.
- Your membership dues are tax deductible.
In 1995, the Friends of the Library contributed $10,000 to the Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation to establish the Friends of the Findlay-Hancock Public Library Fund, a fund that has grown considerably since that time through appreciation and further donations. Gifts made through the Community Foundation offer the tax advantages of the 501 (c) (3) status. Only the proceeds of the fund are granted to the library and principal of your gift will be the foundation of a legacy that will benefit library users in perpetuity. Gifts to the Friends of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library Fund may be tailored to fit each donor’s individual needs. Gifts are gratefully accepted in the form of cash, retirement plan assets, life insurance, appreciated stock or real estate. Further information about the Friends of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library Fund and the Community Foundation is available at 419-425-1100.